Thursday, June 7, 2012

Well, hello again...and finally!!! I was just looking at this blog history and I post once a year, whether I need to or not!!! I am sticking my neck out and saying to you all: I am going to post once a week, whether I need to or not!! I am counting on you all to spread the word and let's post family information, news, photos, birthday greetings and I will share what family history I dig up! If anyone else is working on locating our ancestors please let me know...I can use all the help I can get!!
The photo above is William Hineman, my Dad, aka "Uncle Bill" or "Papa" to a lot of you in the Hineman clan. (It was taken in April 2012, just prior to his 88th birthday). He is waiting for his coffee at his favorite breakfast cafe. Papa loves his Aussie hat, sent to him by his grandson, Jason, for Christmas last year. Jason lives and works in Sydney, Australia. 
We (Dad and I) are looking forward to being at the 60th Anniversary of the Hineman Reunion on July 28, 2012. Family letters with the information went out earlier this week. If you did not get one...I don't have your mailing address!! Contact me and give me an update!! This year is a milestone year and we are having a group photograph taken...don't you want to be there?? 
Oh, I have big news on our Family Tree...we had to cut off a branch that was 'grafted' in error many years ago!! More details next week...it involves old notions, new DNA and 'we are not who we thought we were!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment